Starting back to school shopping!

That's right now that the 4th of July is over the stores are slowly starting to get their back to school sections filled and ready to go. While I generally have been doing the older kid back to shopping the last few years, this will be the first year having to do the younger crowd as well as the older crowd thing. Once I had the girls list of interests for this year we got a list started (I put them in categories so I have an idea of where things are going) Then it's time to look at what they need for each area (and then I double it at the very least!).

This year I get to do some of the fun stuff again for my youngest. Some places to check for fun stuff: Target (in the dollar bins), IKEA, dollar tree, Michaels Arts and Crafts, and Joanns Fabric (for Michaels and Joanns make sure you ask for your educator discount).

I stopped by and they had some great stuff in the dollar bins for the kindergarten and under ages. These were in the $1 bins!




and in the $3 bins I found some of these...
I also found some cool stuff for decorations as well...


After Target I headed to IKEA..I got some of their 4.99 paper rolls which we LOVE. We get 3 each year (at least) We use them under our art and craft area, we use them on the easels instead of the chalk boards and then we use them for stuff through out the year. I picked up this for Dominic so he would have something fun to do (I figure he will put them at one end of our hall way and go for it!
I noticed today that our local Walmart is getting all their school supplies out and ready to go! So not much longer until we go down to get the nitty gritty stuff (spiral notebooks, pencils, paper, etc). I always say buy at least 3x what you think you will need (because you'll be surprised how much more you'll use homeschooling and I hate paying full price for anything later on in the year!).
Starting to get all excited for a new year here!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to school, sort of.

getting organized, slowly but surely

And that went fast!!